Philanthropy at Kilvington
In the words of Winston Churchill, 'We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.' This saying perfectly sums up the role of philanthropy in the Kilvington tradition, where both parents and the community have always provided the School with valuable support.
Kilvington’s culture of philanthropy
Throughout its history, Kilvington has fostered an honourable philanthropic tradition. Since our School’s inception in 1923, we have received valuable donations from parents and alumni. These have been crucial to Kilvington's continued success.
Kilvington’s founder, Mrs Caroline Barrett, began the School with her own funds. In 1953, £765 was raised for a new science laboratory, which subsequently received a further donation of £1 800. The laboratory was officially opened on 2 October 1954. When the McKie Library was first opened in June 1970, the Parents' and Friends' Association generously donated funds toward books and other essential library resources.
Over the years, a number of our fundraising programs – for example, the 1999 Music School Appeal, the 2005 ‘Pave the Way’ Appeal, the 2006 ‘Friendship Walk’ Appeal and the 2008 McKie Resource Centre Appeal – have been crucial to our School, and have aided the construction of many superior new facilities at Kilvington.
Donating to one of Kilvington’s appeals is the perfect way to ensure Kilvington’s facilities are preserved and expanded to meet the needs of future generations, and innovative programs continue to be developed.
Kilvington has several funds and appeals currently running:
- Building Fund
- 'Eat learn & play' Appeal
All gifts are tax-deductible.
Kilvington is now providing the option for parents to leave a bequest to Kilvington in their will. The bequest foundation enables all parents who care deeply about Kilvington to demonstrate their continued appreciation for the School.
If you would like more information on making a donation, or to learn more about some of Kilvington’s forthcoming appeals, please contact the school on 03 9578 6231.