Principal from 1944 - 1948
Mrs Mabel Ross worked at Ruyton prior to joining Kilvington. She was Headmistress for four years, and was a popular leader. Enrolments doubled from 95 pupils to 200 during this time. In 1944, Mrs Barrett, who had always wished to ensure the future of Kilvington as a Church school, approached her own Church, the Church of England, to take over the School.
This was not at the time deemed viable, but the local Baptist Minister, Rev W C Collard, was convinced of the need for a denominational school in the area. The Baptist Union took control of Kilvington in 1948, and in 1949 appointed a Baptist Principal, Mrs Roberta McKie.